Sunday, March 31, 2013

How Everything Began


         Welcome to My Documentary Film Blog
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Marriah and I started my personal documentary project in Fall of 2011. My name and idea started with a MOMENT OF CHANGE assignment. My sister had just informed me through a text message, our family's home was going into foreclosure. We had lived there all our lives. Our impending departure from Towncrest Drive was constantly at the forefront of my mind. I had to do something to wrap my head around it. I started a production package for a documentary as an assignment. Obviously, I wouldn't want to put my family through actually creating a film about one of our worst experiences ever. As Spring began and my documentary production course started, I found myself considering making the film or at least filming our experience. When my mom decided all of this was for the better, I decided I must tell our story. The word FORECLOSURE is sad and scary, but my mom decided to make it into a positive life-changing experience. How often ddo you hear that story?! Here is where I will share our experience and the production of my documentary, Life in Foreclosure.  
-- Marriah

No comments:

Post a Comment